Domestic Travel Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions constitute the Contract between you (the pet owner) and us (Departure Pets ABN 76 634 563 465) herein called Departure Pets. Our employees are also protected under these terms and conditions; however, they do not have the authority to make any commitments on our behalf or change any of these terms and conditions
- This quotation is valid for 30 days. Quotations are based on current tariffs. Freight tariffs are subject to increases without prior notification from the airline. Any increases will be billed to the client’s account.
- The quotation is based on the height and length of the pet/s or dimensions of your travel crates in centimetres, given by the owner or their representative, and freight and crate charges are based on this information. If there is any increase in the size of the pet or travel container, extra freight charges are to the owner’s account. All quoted amounts are in Australian Dollars (AUD) unless otherwise noted and applicable Goods and Service Tax (GST) is payable as set out in the quotation provided by Departure Pets.
- Full payment is due at the time of booking, flights will NOT be secured on the client’s behalf without full payment at the time. Payments to be made by, credit card, or direct deposit.
- Departure Pets reserves the right to charge a processing fee (in an amount notified by Departure Pets on our quote) for all payments made by credit card.
NOTE: - In the case where an approved company will be settling costs, we require a written purchase order or letter accepting our quotation prior to shipment of pets.
- Cancellations of flight bookings 7 business days or more from the flight date incur a $100 cancellation fee per AWB (Air Way Bill) and any cost incurred to Departure Pets.
- Cancellations of flight booking less than 7 business days of flight date incur a $160 cancellation fee per AWB and any cost incurred to Departure Pets.
- Cancellations of collection and/or delivery services within 3 business days of travel will not be refunded. The entire collection/delivery cost is forfeited.
- Cancellations the day of the flight booking, including no-shows, late lodgements or airline acceptance refusal will result in the entire amount paid to Departure Pets being forfeited.
- Amendments of flight bookings 7 business days or more from the flight date incur a $50 amendment fee per AWB and any cost incurred to Departure Pets.
- Amendments of flight booking less than 7 business days of flight date incur a $100 amendment fee per AWB and any cost incurred to Departure Pets.
- Costs incurred to departure pets include but are not limited to the below services:
- Meet and Greet
- Day Comfort Stop
- Overnight Comfort Stop
- Crate Hire
- Crate Purchase
- If a pet soils the crate and we provide an emergency comfort stop, there will be a minimum $110.00 service fee.
- If a client's own crate is not IATA approved at the time of lodgement and are in need of an emergency crate drop, there will be a minimum $110.00 service fee.
This does not include the cost of the crate to either hire or purchase (to be decided by Departure Pets), or additional charges if flight is missed and rescheduled as a result.
- Any refund that is payable by Departure Pets will be made within 5-7 business days from the date of cancellation.
DELAYS AND CANCELLATIONS
Departure Pets cannot be held responsible for airline delays, cancellation of flights, incorrect routing by airlines, change of aircraft type or available capacity by airlines, or loss of veterinary documents by airlines. Additional charges for kennelling and extra trips to the airport are for the client’s account.
DEPARTURE PETS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Any fees resulting from delay due to weather restrictions.
- Any fees resulting from airline delays &/or cancellation of flights, change of aircraft type or available capacity.
- Any fees resulting from airlines refusing acceptance of animals on lodgement.
- For pet/s that have been refused boarding due to late lodgement, the customer will be liable for flight fee and will have to re book pet transport flight. The subsequent total forfeit, flight fees and flight costs will be at the customer's expense.
- These fees also relate to any fees applied to Departure Pets from a third part supplier and any fees that Departure Pets impose i.e., Flight arrival is delayed with a delivery service an after-hours higher fee may be applicable.
- Pet off-loads, the airline has the right to off-load all pets from a single flight, this can be due to passenger freight and over booked flights.
- Pets that soil their crate during a connecting flight stop will be refused acceptance for the connecting flight by the Airline, should Departure Pets be called out to clean and re-lodge the pet/s a minimum service fee of $110 will be charged to the client’s account.
DEPARTURE PETS TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR PETS TRAVELING:
- If your animal is between 8- 12 weeks or older than 12 years, the airlines require you obtain a vet certificate stating the date of birth or age of the animal and also to confirm the animal is fit for travel by air; This certificate is only valid within 14 days of the booked travel date. – Departure pets hold no responsibility for the outcome of this examination, should your pet fail and is deemed “not fit for air travel” a re-booking fee or cancelation fee will be applicable
- If your animal is pregnant or sick or injured, Departure Pets will require a vet certificate stating the animal is fit for travel by air. This is to be provided to Departure Pets before the animal is permitted to travel.
- If the animal has been sedated, Departure Pets will only travel your pet at the owner’s risk. Departure Pets will require a letter from the vet if the pet is sedated before the animal is permitted to travel. The airlines reserve the right to refuse acceptance and Departure Pets will not be held liable. The customer will be liable for flight fee and will have to re book pet transport flight. The subsequent total forfeit, flight fees and flight costs will be at the customer's expense.
- If the animal is brachycephalic / snub nose breed, Departure Pets will only travel your pet at the owner’s risk. If the flight time is over 5 hours Departure Pets may not accept.
- If your pet is a brachycephalic / snub nose breed, they will require a BOAS examination performed by a registered veterinarian (within 7 days) of the flight date – Departure pets hold no responsibility for the outcome of this examination, should your pet fail and is deemed “not fit for air travel” a re-booking fee or cancelation fee will be applicable.
- Please note that travel of certain birds and reptiles within Australia may require a permit from the local Government Authority. It is the client’s responsibility to obtain any required permits. Departure Pets will not be responsible for any cost or complications regarding this matter.
- If your animal weighs more than 2kg than the weight provided for quotation, then additional charges will be payable. You agree and authorise Departure Pets to take payment from your nominated credit card.
- If you provide your own airline approved crate you confirm it complies with IATA requirements, otherwise Departure Pets will not accept its use.
- If hire crate/s are damaged, it will be at the owner’s expense.
TRAVEL CRATES PROVIDED BY CLIENT
- Where clients elect to use their own crates, they do so at their own risk. Departure Pets will not be responsible should they be the incorrect size or not the most suitable crate for your pet that is compliant with the most recent Live Animal Regulations minimum requirements specified by the International Air Transportation Association (IATA).
- Where the crates are not appropriate and / or rejected by airlines, Departure Pets are not responsible for any subsequent delays, flight cancellations and/or changes as a result. Should crates be rejected by the airlines, then any associated fees or charges to change flights and provide alternative crates will be at the client’s expense. Departure Pets shall not be responsible for transporting client’s crates should this occur.
CRATE HIRE PROVIDED BY DEPARTURE PETS
Departure Pets will provide airline approved travel crates when requested and paid for by the client and in accordance with the quotation booking reference number. All hire crates remain the property of Departure Pets.
- All boarding costs whilst in kennels are to the client’s account and for animals staying for long or indefinite periods, accounts must be settled monthly in advance. Should departure dates be delayed, extra kennelling costs are to the client’s account, and must be settled prior to departure of pets.
- Departure Pets are authorised to seek veterinary attention should this be deemed necessary whilst pets are in boarding kennels or in our care. Where these circumstances arise, Departure Pets will attempt to notify the client and advise the estimated fees involved. If we are unable to make, contact with the client in an emergency you acknowledge that Departure Pets will seek veterinary advice and make this decision on their recommendation. Any outstanding vet fees will need to be paid prior to transport by the client. We reserve the right not to transport or board vicious animals.
CONDITIONS OF KENNELING (IF REQUIRED)
- I warrant that my animal is in fit and sound condition, free of ticks and fleas, and has been vaccinated with at least a C5 (dogs) or F3 (cats).
- I give full authority to Departure Pets for calling a veterinarian, at my expense, in the event of illness or injury.
- I acknowledge that due to the nature of boarding, my pet/s may be inadvertently exposed to airborne viruses or other contagious medical conditions. I also understand that in those circumstances, any veterinary treatments will be at my expense.
- I understand if tick and flea treatments if deemed necessary, will be at my expense.
- I acknowledge that while every effort will be made to administer medication (if required), Departure Pets accept no responsibility should my pet/s not co-operate with the handlers.
- No responsibility is accepted by Departure Pets for personal items left with my pet/s. All should be clearly marked with my pet’s name and booking reference.
- Brachycephalic breeds can be more prone to respiratory distress and heat due to upper respiratory tract anatomical anomalies which are common in these breeds. These anomalies increase the risk of illness and mortality occurring during travel.
- These breeds are also susceptible to increased risk of heat stroke and breathing problems when exposed to stress or warmer temperatures and the owner /shipper hereby agrees to release, indemnify, and protect Departure Pets from and against all claims, losses, damages, costs and proceedings that may be brought against or incurred by the shipper/s owner/s as a result.
Some states & territories across Australia may have certain bio-security clearance and /or regulations we must adhere to. It is the client’s responsibility to ensure any documentation, vaccinations and compliance is completed in line with these requirements. Departure Pets will not be responsible for any fees, detention charges or delays.
INOCULATIONS AND DEWORMING
- Where pets require kennelling in local boarding kennels, valid inoculation certificates MUST be produced. In most instances inoculations and deworming is to be carried out at least two weeks prior to travel or admission into kennels.
- Dogs must have their C5 vaccination and Cats an F3 vaccination which are valid for one year. These must have been completed at least 14 days prior to entry. It remains the client’s responsibility to ensure that the pet/s inoculations are up to date.
- Where sedatives are needed or specifically requested, sedatives are STRICTLY to be arranged by the client and prescribed and issued by client’s own veterinarian. Departure Pets must be told in writing by the client’s veterinarian of these instances and will not be held responsible for any over dosage, any side effects or death due to poorly administered sedatives that clients’ veterinarians provide their pets.
- The airlines reserve the right to refuse acceptance of pets under sedation and Departure Pets will not be held liable. The customer will be liable for flight fee and will have to re book pet transport flight. The subsequent total forfeit, flight fees and flight costs will be at the customer's expense.
Whereas the utmost care and attention is given to clients’ pets, they are handled with the understanding that Departure Pets, the kennels, the airline, and veterinarian are at no time to be held responsible for loss, death, illness, injury or accident due to any cause, either natural or accidental. Departure Pets reserve the right to perform an autopsy in the unlikely event of the death of a pet during transit.
Your Pet is transported entirely at your risk, and it is your responsibility to take out and maintain comprehensive insurance on your Pet with a reputable insurer covering all risks associated with travel, including illness, injury, infection, death and damage to any other animal, person or property caused by or contributed to by your Pet.
Insurance for your Pets during the provision of Services (including when your Pet is in kennels or during travel) is not included in the Fee.
- Neither party is liable for any delay or failure to perform its obligations other than your obligation to pay the Fees pursuant to this Agreement if such delay or failure is due to Force Majeure.
- If a delay or failure by a party to perform its obligations due to Force Majeure exceeds 30 days, either party may immediately terminate this Agreement by written notice to the other.
AUSTRALIAN CONSUMER LAW
Nothing in this Agreement is intended or will be construed as excluding, restricting, or modifying or having the effect of excluding, restricting or modifying the application of all or any of the provisions of Division 1 of Part 3-2 of the Australian Consumer Law (Consumer Guarantees).
Our maximum aggregate liability to you:
I. If negligent with the Consumer Guarantee (where applicable) under the Australian Consumer Law in respect of the supply of the pet transport
II. for loss or damage suffered by you because of any negligence; is limited, at our sole discretion, to:
- supplying the Services again; or
- paying the cost of having the Services supplied again.
This Agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Victoria, Australia and the parties irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of or in that State and Courts of appeal therefrom.
DECLARATION FOR TRANSPORT
I declare that all the applicable air transport requirements have been met and that it is the client’s responsibility to understand and be aware of the appropriate air transport laws and regulations.
Please be aware that all cargo is subject to security and clearing procedures and that it is illegal to consign cargo as an unauthorised explosive device.